Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing 12 - Commenting

I read the blog about using an alias or your real name when commenting. It was very interesting. People choose to use an alias because there may be many people with their same name. I won’t have a problem with my name because it is very unique. I got to thinking that with students we should recommend that they use an alias when they are posting comments to blogs that belong to people they don’t know.

I also read the 10 Techniques to Get More Comments on Your Blog. One of the techniques mentioned was to invite comments. I never thought this would be necessary because the link to post a comment is right there. But the author stated that he received more comments when he asked for them. The author also stated that we need to interact with the comments that are left for us. As a courtesy, we should at least thank the person for the comment. We shouldn’t just read the comments.

I commented on Brooke’s 2.0 Blog, Aspiring Librarian, Check This Out!, Excel in Education, and Kindergarten Teacher’s Education Journey.

I found a blog on teaching second grade and posted a comment there. I also found a blog on healthy tips and conceiving because my husband and I would like to start a family soon.

1 comment:

  1. I felt kind of weird when I first started the blog. I knew that I wanted people to read it, and I knew that, as a student, someone was checking up on me to make sure that my posts were being done correctly, but I want others to read what I had written as well. As a writer, and ALL teachers are writers, I want an audience. I want to know how the audience is reacting to what I am reading. Commenting now takes the place of graded essays since the grades are the comments being made about what I have written. I am being graded online--isn't that pretty cool?
    Richard

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Is it possible for one person to be many things? First off, I am a wife. I married the most wonderful man in the world on January 17, 2009. His name is Victor. We are currently enjoying our time getting to know each other even more as husband and wife. I am a daughter. My parents have been happily married for 41 years. Their names are Cutberto and Esther. I am a sister. I have the most amazing pair of sisters. Their names are Maria and Minerva. I also have 3 brothers whose names are Ramiro, Cutberto, and Orlando. I am the youngest of the six! I am an aunt. I have 5 nephews and 5 nieces. I am a teacher. I teach 2nd grade and love it. I teach bilingual (Eng/Span) education, self-contained. Those kids can always make you smile! I am a student. In January 2009 I began the Masters in Library Science program at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. I am enjoying my classes very much. You wouldn't believe how much I have grown and learned in the past 6 months. Which brings me to my last "I am"... I am an aspiring librarian. I have always wanted to be one. I would like to find a job in the district that I work in now, but we shall see where God will take me!