Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing 22 - Ning

A Ning is a social website and social network people can join based on their interests and passions. I check out Ning for Teachers which is http://teacherlingo.com/. This includes blogs from teachers who share their thoughts and ideas. This site has a tab where you can find teachers. You can also find free lessons on many subjects for various grade levels. I think this site will be useful for all teachers. Teachers from a school or grade level can join and share their thoughts and ideas with each other. It's always nice to know that there are others who share your stress and bad days.

I also like Teacher Librarian Ning http://teacherlibrarian.ning.com/. You can seek advice from experienced librarians. When I become a librarian, I will be using this Ning to communicate with other librarians. For now, I will be using Ning for Teachers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Is it possible for one person to be many things? First off, I am a wife. I married the most wonderful man in the world on January 17, 2009. His name is Victor. We are currently enjoying our time getting to know each other even more as husband and wife. I am a daughter. My parents have been happily married for 41 years. Their names are Cutberto and Esther. I am a sister. I have the most amazing pair of sisters. Their names are Maria and Minerva. I also have 3 brothers whose names are Ramiro, Cutberto, and Orlando. I am the youngest of the six! I am an aunt. I have 5 nephews and 5 nieces. I am a teacher. I teach 2nd grade and love it. I teach bilingual (Eng/Span) education, self-contained. Those kids can always make you smile! I am a student. In January 2009 I began the Masters in Library Science program at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. I am enjoying my classes very much. You wouldn't believe how much I have grown and learned in the past 6 months. Which brings me to my last "I am"... I am an aspiring librarian. I have always wanted to be one. I would like to find a job in the district that I work in now, but we shall see where God will take me!