Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing 23 - I Did It!

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I absolutely enjoyed BigHugeLabs and mashups, Delicious, LibraryThing, PhotoStory, and all of the online image creators (http://www.imagechef.com/). I know I will be using PhotoStory with my class in various ways. I will also let students play with mashups and online image creators. They will find this as a fun treat.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

This program helped me learn a lot of neat things that I can do on the Internet that I never knew existed. Although I won't be able to implement all Things in my classroom, I have this blog to refer back to what I did when I become a librarian. I have also saved Library 2 Play blog on my Delicious account so I will know where to find it if I ever need a refresher. Referring to the Web 2.0 Awards periodically will also help me continue to grow as a teacher/librarian.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I was really surprised at how many things Google has to offer. I created a calendar that I plan to use from now on. I also created a request form for parent-teacher conferences where parents can request a conference just by submitting the form. I was also surprised at how much I did not like Things 8 and 9.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

I'm not too sure how to answer this question. I've never had a class like this and I hope that in the future there will be more classes similar to this one or in the same format.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

Of course, YES! (That;s my favorite line from the movie True Lies.) Even though it was time-consuming, I learned a lot and my lessons will most definitely have more technology integration thanks to this program.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

AWAKENING! That's my word because I feel I woke up. I never knew so many things existed in the Internet. So many things that can be implemented in the classroom or library.

7. Commenting - This is veryimportant for a community to continue to grow. I'm a person of few words, so this is kind of hard for me to do. But I'm learning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Is it possible for one person to be many things? First off, I am a wife. I married the most wonderful man in the world on January 17, 2009. His name is Victor. We are currently enjoying our time getting to know each other even more as husband and wife. I am a daughter. My parents have been happily married for 41 years. Their names are Cutberto and Esther. I am a sister. I have the most amazing pair of sisters. Their names are Maria and Minerva. I also have 3 brothers whose names are Ramiro, Cutberto, and Orlando. I am the youngest of the six! I am an aunt. I have 5 nephews and 5 nieces. I am a teacher. I teach 2nd grade and love it. I teach bilingual (Eng/Span) education, self-contained. Those kids can always make you smile! I am a student. In January 2009 I began the Masters in Library Science program at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. I am enjoying my classes very much. You wouldn't believe how much I have grown and learned in the past 6 months. Which brings me to my last "I am"... I am an aspiring librarian. I have always wanted to be one. I would like to find a job in the district that I work in now, but we shall see where God will take me!